- Partner: US Department of State
- Duration: October 2018 – August 2019
- Geographical Area: Sindh
Digital Action against Gender Based Violence
Digital Action against Gender Based Violence is an attempt by Lawyers for Human Rights and Legal Aid (LHRLA) to contribute in eliminating all forms of violence against women and girls in the public and private spheres through digital and electronic media initiatives implemented in the province of Sindh.
The objectives of this project include:
- Increased discourse on gender based violence among all social strata and key stakeholders resulting in encouragement of government and society to take action against it along with accessibility to GBV survivors.
- Increased awareness among social strata and key stakeholders in Karachi on social and economic cost of GBV, legal rights and avenues of support for GBV survivors.
The major activities of the project include:
- Social Media Campaign to promote legal rights of GBV survivors, information about avenues of support for GBV survivors, and awareness on GBV issues among social media users
- Weekly Radio Program on FM 101 highlighting GBV issues, legal rights of GBV survivors, socio economic impact of GBV, legal advice and implementation of GBV related laws
- Advertising on platforms of ride hailing services to promote GBV issues and avenues of support for GBV survivors